I’m A.P, the author. I’m a mom of two. I live in an abnormally small town, where life is slow but it still moves fast. I spend my time chasing kids, taking care of other family members, and doing online college courses. I have made it through Psychology, and I’ve almost completed developmental psychology as well. I plan to eventually work within the Psychology field. Growing up, I witnessed others around me fight and suffer with mental illness. And I do not remember a time within my life that I did not personally suffer from a mental disorder. Throughout the years I have developed quite the obsession with learning about the mind, as well as working on techniques to help my disorders. Mental Health is beyond important and that’s why I am here to talk about it!
What is the purpose of Empathy-Speaks?
I created Empathy-Speaks as a way to Speak out about Mental illness. The more we share our stories, the more we shake the stigma of mental illness. I want to share my personal journeys in hopes that other humans can also find relief within themselves. I will include other people, and their stories with mental illness. This site is not only my personal blog journal, but a comfortable place for both facts and opinion. Empathy-Speaks is set to include ways that I have found to cope through struggles, as well as ways that help others. Empathy is most important when talking about mental health, so embrace this new site as it will embrace you!
To Be Included in this Blog:
- Personal struggles with mental health, addiction, and relationships.
- Other people who have struggled with mental illness and their stories.
- Ways I Cope
- Parenting and Mental Health
- Researched facts as well as personal opinion
- Mental Health Awareness
- Mental health tips
- & more…
Help me build this blog into the Beauty I’ve imagined!
- Share your ideas! (whether its personal mental health tips, or what you would like to see in a blog post)
- Please be patient with me as I learn the blog-life. 🙂
- Share your opinions with me, I want to know how you feel toward topics!
- Send me articles, research, poetry; I am obsessed with EVERYTHING mental health related.
- Spread Awareness
- Spread Kindness
- Embrace Empathy